Clarkac64

Smiling through the Chaos

Love books, my son, my family (birth and chosen) Will kill for a cup of good coffee. Killer grins slay me every time and have never met a pair of shoes or a book that didn't want to follow me home.

Striking Distance (An I-Team Novel)

Striking Distance - Pamela Clare LOVED LOVED LOVED this book and finished it last night. I am not a professional reviewer just to let you know, I'm more of a professional romance book reader who loves happy endings.

This is how romantic suspense should be written. Sucked me in from the very beginning and and not once was I taken out of the story the entire time I was reading it. Pure escapism and thrill ride from beginning to end. The hero is smokin' hot with the morals and values to match I just wish there were more like him in the real world. The heroine, Laura Nillson was just the perfect match for Hero Javier Corbray- beautiful, strong and independent. I did love how the story included the H/H's heritages. I haven't read any stories with a character who had a Swedish background.

I liked how we see old friends from the I-Team series and met some new ones as well. There is just the right amount of steam and sexual tension. I felt that the love scenes were very sensual and added to the story and did not detract from it at all.

I've always believed that good fiction has to have conflict and there is plenty in this story. There are tough choices that the hero and heroine make that I don't know if I could have done the same -it fits the story and their characters perfectly.

I will not give the ending away but I will say the happy ending comes--just not always how we would want it or when.

I was given this copy by the publisher for an unbiased review.

This is one my new favorites by Pamela Clare and an excellent addition to the I-Team series.