Clarkac64

Smiling through the Chaos

Love books, my son, my family (birth and chosen) Will kill for a cup of good coffee. Killer grins slay me every time and have never met a pair of shoes or a book that didn't want to follow me home.

Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter)

Kiss the Dead - Laurell K. Hamilton I love love love the Anita Blake series and Laurel K Hamilton but this might be the straw that broke the camel's back. I have had to put this book down because I just cannot ignore some aspects of the series any longer. Now this is just my opinion
The first part is really great going back to what Anita did best- hunting monsters.
Then thee story starts to fall apart..I could see flashing lady parts (once)because she was wearing skirt with stockings and high heels I mean stiletto boots. But to keep telling us again and again...AARRG. Stopping to pull off boots and then stopping to unhook stockings cause you cannot run in hose cause they are slippery well it must not be tooo big of an emergency to rescue the girl from the vampires.
We get Anitia is sexy and now a girly girl and Anita knows the look men get when they want sexxing and to go on and on about her love life(MENS)We get it! There are 21 books in this series you do not have to explain it us like we are 5 YEARS OLD we know the backstory.
I will say some positive things I like how Anita has grown in the series but we as an audience has grown as well we do not need to re explain things over and over. I did like how Anita is happy now.
I will try to finish this book but right now I am going for a trial separation.