Clarkac64

Smiling through the Chaos

Love books, my son, my family (birth and chosen) Will kill for a cup of good coffee. Killer grins slay me every time and have never met a pair of shoes or a book that didn't want to follow me home.

Deadly Obsession: Deadly Vices Series Book 1

Deadly Obsession - Kristine Cayne This is the first book in a long time that I stayed up all night to read. Literally I read until 4:30am to finish this book. I loved loved loved this book.
I am not a professional reviewer just to let you know, I'm more of a professional romance book reader who loves happy endings. I won this book in the First Reads contest/giveaways.
I was immediately drawn into the story which is always a plus for me. While the story is predictable there are some really unexpected twists. I think the characters are fully developed with vivid descriptions and believable backgrounds/stories. Watching how the Hero/Heroine reveal their pasts and then deal with the consequences was realistic. It was refreshing to have a hero who did not handle everything (his past for example) perfectly. A cast of secondary characters who actually add to moving the story forward.
My only complaint was how long it took the main characters to find out who the villain was because other than that issue they character seemed very smart and aware of things.
This book has all the elements of a great romantic read. Hot hero who has substance to him, a smart, independent yet vulnerable heroine. Just the right amount of hot steamy sex.
This is one wild ride from start to finish and I am looking forward to reading more from this author.